Internet Marketing is a business model that has been proven to be a successful method of tapping into a huge income stream. This is the Digital Age, and with the affordable costs of PC Desktop and Tablet computers, it makes for an easy entry into this lucrative market. Almost anybody with even limited capital and limited internet skills can have their own home based business.
You do not even have to have a physical product, although many are available. Some people think about their favorite hobby or past-time activity, and sit down and write a report or eBook. Bingo! Now you have a product that can be sold, or even given away in return for somebody giving you their email address for your email marketing list building effort. That is called an “opt-in” email address, and the most valuable.
Creating your website or blog site is pretty easy nowadays with all of the web templates that are available. Many people opt for a WordPress Site, as they do not require any special programming skills. If you open up a Hosting Account, you will have access to the world of WordPress. You can go to Blogger.com and start your own free Blog and sell items at the same time. Anytime you have a question, just do a Google search for a quick answer.
What About Getting Web Traffic?
Now that you have set up a website or blog, you need to drive some traffic to it. Just having a website on the Internet does not in and of itself guarantee that anybody will visit the site. Let’s take a look at some proven techniques:
1. Press Release Marketing: Many Internet professionals feel that this form of online marketing gives the best bang for the buck. A Press Release is written by an experienced PR writer, and then distributed to different forms of media, including: Newspapers, Online News Sites, Magazines, Radio and TV media. The same PR can be used for submission to multiple sites and will not be considered as duplicate content by Google.
2. Article Marketing: An Article is written, usually around 500-600 words, about a relevant topic to your website. Unlike Press Release Marketing, an article can only be used one time, or it will be considered as duplicate content by Google, and you will be penalized in the rankings. The Article can be submitted to an Article Directory, a Blog Site, or posted on your own website or blog. The SEO value is derived from keywords and the Link in the Resource Box.
3. YouTube Videos: First of all, keep in mind that Google owns YouTube. You can make a video at a very low cost. It can even be an animated video, or one of the new “explainer”, or “whiteboard” videos. Software is available to make this task easier. There are also websites that you can go to that provide templates and info to help you make your own video. You will post it on YouTube, and in the description, you will have a link to your website. This is a powerful method to gain traffic.
4. Pay Per Click Advertising: Also called PPC, is another proven method, but it costs money, and is not for the faint of heart. The money spent adds up quickly. You have to be sure that you set a limit on the amount of money you will budget per day. You could wake up one day and find that you have gone through a tremendous amount of money in no time. My suggestion would be to research this method and learn all about it before you make a foray into the world of PPC.
5. Email Marketing: This is a universal online marketing technique used by everybody selling a service or product on the world wide web. The trick is to avoid being accused of Spamming. What you have to do is build an email address list by offering a free giveaway like ebooks or reports in exchange for their “Opt-in” email address. You can email them offers and news about your products and services, but do not make yourself an annoyance.
I hope that these ideas have stimulated your thought processes into taking the next step. There is room for everybody on the Internet, but it takes perseverance.